Now we’re ready to start measuring your project space and create your project template!
Once you’ve finished making your material, edge, sink and stove selections, have returned your signed estimate and provided the required deposit, we’ll schedule a date to create your project template.
If you’re planning on keeping your existing tile backsplash, additional discussion may be needed prior to your template appointment. Since we cannot be sure if some areas of the counter might be higher or lower than the tile, keeping the existing tile makes it much harder for us to perform a quality installation and it takes much more time to template and install!
Things to remember for your template appointment:
- Please ensure that a primary decision maker is onsite during the template.
- Please ensure that all base cabinets are installed and secured prior to template.
- Please ensure that all areas the template person will use are clear from clutter and debris.
- Please ensure that all areas requiring measurements are clear of any items.
- Please ensure that any access information (locked gates, access codes, parking instructions, power supply issues, security alarm information etc.) have been communicated to your salesperson before the template appointment.
- Please ensure that children and pets are kept from the areas requiring measurements. Children and pets may be injured by equipment, or may accidentally knock the laser resulting in an inaccurate measurement. Additionally, excitable, or territorial pets may provide distractions that cause the template person to miss valuable information!
What to expect during your template appointment
During your template appointment we’ll confirm your project details with you and check your existing cabinets to confirm they are level. If any issues are found regarding your cabinet levels, we’ll explain what options are available to address these. We can adjust our countertops during installation for cabinets that are less than 3/16th out of level, however, anything above the 3/16th threshold will require adjustments and may result in an additional cost. Absolute Stone will not install surfaces on cabinets more than 3/16th out of level as this is likely to result in damage to your counter, or cause the appearance of the final product to not meet our high quality standards.
During your template appointment, we’ll also discuss any overhangs on islands or bar areas, the required clearance and access needed for large counter pieces or islands, and the types of tiles and backsplashes that might be needed for your project.
While creating your project template, we’ll make note of any areas that may be damaged during installation including trim work or tile that may need to be cut for proper nesting of your countertop, and existing overhead or side cabinets. If any issues are found we’ll make sure to discuss these with you. Absolute Stone reserves the right to refuse to fabricate and install any project where customer preferences concerning the items noted above will prevent us from installing the product in a manner that our experience dictates will produce the best results. We will return your deposit in this instance, as long as there are no restocking fees associated with special order material.
Once we’ve confirmed the project details with you for the template area, we’ll then take accurate measurements of the project area using our laser template system.
After measurements are taken, we’ll then summarize all the information with you before leaving and may ask you to sign off on any special items required. Please note that changes to any project details are not permitted after the template appointment.
Finally, your template measurements will then be processed by our drawing department who will create a final layout drawing for your approval. Once you’ve checked dimensions and details thoroughly and are happy to approve, we’ll then move on to installation!